Structure Fire News Release 11-4-2014

2008 final maltese_1

625 Ute Avenue, Grand Junction, CO 81501

Phone: 970-549-5858 FAX: 970-549-5810

News Release

Structure Fire

For Immediate Release

Contact: Shawn Montgomery (PIO) 970-260-3708

Date: 11/4/2014

Address: 1159 Grand Ave. We Kare A lot Preschool

Alarm Type: Structure Fire

Time Dispatched: 13:21

Time on Scene: 13:25

The Grand Junction Fire Department responded to a report of a  structure fire at 1159 Grand Ave.  (We Kare A lot Preschool). Truck 1 on scene within 4 minutes of the dispatch time reports a smoldering box of clothes identified as the possible source. The box, along with its contents was cared outside and placed in a safe area for full extinguishment. All students and teachers of the school were evacuated safely and everyone has been accounted for.  Fire investigators on scene are working to confirm the source of the fire and to ensure no damage was caused to the structure. Fire crews performed a forced ventilation (powered fans) of the structure to remove smoke and carbon monoxide. Fire crews will continue to monitor the air levels and ventilate until the structure is free of any contaminates and the students and teachers can re-enter safely. No injuries to the public or our firefighters to report.

Remember that incandescent light bulbs are a fire hazard and storing any flammable contents close to the light bulbs can result in melting, smoldering, and fire.

 -###-