Structure Fire in Shed

Emergency-911[1]

 

Grand Junction Fire Department responded to a structure fire this afternoon on the 2300 block of Dogwood Court.

Upon arriving at the scene at 15:21 firefighters found smoke rising from a small shed in the backyard of a home.  Crews quickly put out the fire. The shed was unoccupied and there were no injuries. The shed and its contents were damaged, total cost of damages is unknown.

Grand Junction Fire Department would like to remind the public that smoke detectors and emergency evacuation plans save lives. Check your detectors twice a year and practice your emergency exit plan with your family on a regular basis.