At 12:57 the Grand Junction Fire Department responded to a structure fire on the 1200 block of Bonito Avenue. The fire was caused by a neighbor using a grinder on a metal car part. Sparks from the grinder ignited vegetation which spread to a wooden fence then to the structure. The home was unoccupied at the time of the fire, there were no injuries. Total cost of damages is unknown.
Grand Junction Fire Department would like to remind the public that high winds and dry conditions exist in Mesa County allowing fire to spread rapidly. Use caution when using tools that produce flame, sparks, or high temperatures.