At 18:51 this evening the Grand Junction Fire Department responded to a vacant building and a motor home engulfed in flames. It was determined that both were unoccupied, and no one was harmed.
Engine 1, Engine 2, Engine 5, Ambulance 2, Ambulance 3, and a Batallion Chief responded to the fire. The fire was very involved when GJFD arrived. Firefighters had to fight the fire from the exterior for 40 minutes until it was safe enough for crews to enter the structure to ensure the fire was completely out.
The Grand Junction Fire Department would like to remind the public that conditions remind dry in our area. Activities like using sparking machinery or discarding cigarette butts should be avoided. For more information on this incident contact the Community Outreach office at GJFirepio@gjcity.org.