Smoke Inside Commercial Structure

IMG_20180206_091751437.jpg

At 0857 Grand Junction Fire Department responded to the report of smoke inside a  commercial property on the 2700 block of Crossroads Blvd. When crews arrived on scene all employees had evacuated safely; there were no injuries. GJFD crews entered the structure and determined that no fire had occurred, but that a malfunctioning ventilation fan had produced the smoke.  Crews used a portable fan from the fire engine to clear smoke from the building before turning the property over to responsible parties.

GJFD responded with five engines, two ambulances, a medical officer, and a Battalion Chief. For more information on this event, contact the Community Outreach Office at GJFirePIO@gjcity.org, or by phone at (970)549-5858.